Application procedure (Selection A):
1. Please send the following information (as one pdf file) to the contact persons mentioned below before 15 September 2016:
- Detailed CV (include information on your BSc and current MSc studies, languages, achievements, expertise)
- Motivation letter, addressed to the STAR PLUS selection committee, explaining your motivation why you apply with us. Preferably indicate and motivate which research group(s) within AIMMS has your interest/preference.
- Provide contact details of preferably 2 references (names, affiliations, email addresses)
- Reference letter from one of your tutors
- Copies of your key educational certificates
- Transcript of Records (i.e. documents enlisting your performance as BSc student over time by listing the course units or modules taken, credits gained and the grades awarded). Include all grades obtained so far for your MSc degree.
- If applicable provide a language certificate
2. The applications will be assessed by the STAR PLUS Selection committee, in which key scientists within AIMMS are represented. Candidates are in particular evaluated on creativity, originality, intellectual capacity and quality of CV and motivation letter. The selection committee also takes into account interdisciplinarity and international and gender balance.
3. Potential (Skype) interviews will be arranged with a panel drawn from the AIMMS Education and Research committees (Q3 2016 - Pre-selection may apply)
4. The STAR PLUS selection committee will select ~10 candidates who will continue with the Selection programme ( Selection B ; Starting 29 November ).
Selection Criteria :
The Selection committee will take into account the CV and motivation (written letter and interview) provided by the applicant. Performance during a research MSc project, and other information provided by student’s supervisor will also be used to make decisions on a candidate’s suitability for progression to the PhD phase of the STAR-PLUS programme.
Ultimate start date of the STAR PLUS PhD projects is 1 September 2017.
For all STAR PLUS related questions –or other more general questions about AIMMS- please contact:
dr Ellen Langemeijer or dr Maartje de Snoo via email@example.com
The AIMMS Management Team (MT) will be responsible to see of the selection criteria are met and if procedures are followed correctly. Students that question the evaluation process, selection criteria or feel mistreated in any other way will have the opportunity to object any decision. Within six weeks of the date of the decision, objections can be made through the AIMMS office, which will inform the AIMMS Management Team. AIMMS will confirm the objection within one week, stating whether the objection is admissible and informing about the further steps.